OnePlus 2 has updated to OxygenOS 3.5.5, which brings VoLTE support, new features, bug fixes and latest Android security patches (December) to the device. As this is an incremental OTA update, you may need to wait few more days to get it on your device. If have not received the OTA update notification for OxygenOS 3.5.5, you can install it manually. Read on to know how to manually update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.5.
Based on Android Marshmallow, OxygenOS 3.5.5 enables VoLTE support on OnePlus 2. Other new features include App Lock, Battery saving mode, Gaming Mode and updated OxygenOS UI. The new update also includes December security patches and general bug fixes. Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS 3.5.5.
Key features of OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for OnePlus 2
– Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
– Added App Lock
– Added Battery Saving Mode (Settings > Battery > More)
– Added Gaming Mode (Settings > Developer Options)
– Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider
– Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
– Shelf Optimizations
– Updated OxygenOS UI
– Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
– Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
– Increased System Stability
– General Bug Fixes
Important Note: Many users are complaining about network issue after updating their OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.5. OnePlus not yet released a fix, so install the file given below at your own risk.
Checkout the manual installation guide given below to know how to sideload OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update on OnePlus 2. Before start, back up data on the phone.
1. Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 iOTA zip file from here and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Power off your phone and enter Recovery Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons together for 3 seconds.
3. Choose English > Install from local
4. Choose OxygenOS 3.5.5 update zip file from the phone’s directory.
5. Wait for the flashing process to complete. Do not cut off power and do not interrupt until the process is completed.
6. After the flashing, choose “Reboot” and device will restart.
Once done reboot your phone and enjoy (Source – OnePlus)