Lenovo K3 Note owners can now update their device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with unofficial LineageOS 14.1. Lineage OS (former CyanogenMod) is not yet ready to release ROMs, however unofficial version of LineageOS based on CyanogenMod 14.1 is now available for a range of devices, including the Lenovo K3 Note. Interested users can experience Android 7.1.1 Nougat on their device by installing this custom ROM.
In the below guide we let you know flash unofficial LineageOS 14.1 on Lenovo K3 Note and what are the prerequisites for installing the ROM. LineageOS 14.1 brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat, replaces Lenovo’s Vibe UI, Nougat features like new notification system, battery enhancement, multi-window mode and various value added features to K3 Note.
Before start, note that the ROM is not stable yet. Issues like Wi-Fi tethering, mobile data work on SIM1, LED, charging screen, etc. are not yet fixed. Therefore, you cannot use this ROM as a daily driver. However, if these are not a major issue for you, then proceed with the installation.
Pre-requisites for installing the ROM:
– Backup all importance data you have on the phone.
– Root access and latest version of custom TWRP Recovery installed on the phone.
– Your device should have at least 50-60% battery charge.
– Download unofficial LineageOS 14.1 ROM from here/here
– Download Android 7.1 compatible Gapps (refer this guide).
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Copy the downloaded LineageOS 14.1 zip file and Gapps zip files to your phone’s SD-card.
2. Now, turn off your phone and turn on into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key together.
3. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and create backup of current OS.
4. Now, select Wipe and wipe Data, System, Cache and Dalvik cache.
5. Now, select ‘Install’, then navigate to the ROM.zip file (you have saved) and swipe to flash. After completing the process, flash Gapps.zip as well.
6. Once done, return to main recovery menu, select reboot to reboot your device.
Set up your new OS and enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)