Official CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM is available for HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM variant, which update the device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. HTC’s Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Sense UI 7 is already available for Desire 816 Dual SIM variant, but if you are a fan of CyanogenMod or your devices is rooted and unable to install the OTA update, then you can install the CyanogenMod 13 ROM on it.
In this guide, we let you know how to update HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with official CyanogenMod 13 ROM. The ROM brings pure Android experience, Marshmallow’s native features like Doze battery saving mode, app control, app permissions management, etc. as well as CyanogenMod features like theme engine, Audio FX, etc. to HTC Desire 816.
Read on to know how to install CyanogenMod 13 on HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM. Note that the CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Desire 816 is a Nightly build. It is unstable and may include bugs that are not yet identified.
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery and Root access on your device
2. Above 80% battery charge on the phone
3. Create a backup your data you have on the phone
2. Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until HBOOT appears, then release the buttons.
3. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and Data and swipe right to confirm the action.
[The process will wipe all your data, so backup before proceeding]
4. Now, select ‘Install’, browse the CM13 ROM zip file and swipe right to flash the ROM. Repeat the process for Gapps zip file after completing the ROM flashing process.
5. Once again, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe Cache & Dalvik cache to fix any boot loop issue. Finally, reboot your device.
The first boot will take long time to complete. Once done, setup and enjoy CyanogenMod 13 on HTC Desire 816. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – CyanogenMod).