In this tutorial, we show you how to update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser to Android 7.0 Nougat with unofficial CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. Asus Zenfone 2 Laser in the official Android 7.0 Nougat update list, but it will happened only in the end of this year. However, if you are excited to tryout the Android 7.0 Nougat right now, then install the CM14 builds for Zenfone Laser 2.
Thanks to the XDA developer LuK1337 for the CM14 (based on Android 7.0 Nougat) for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL/ZE551KL (Z00T/Z00L, the ROM brings Nougat features to your device. However, note that the ROM is an early build and includes various bugs that are not fixed or identified, so it cannot be used as daily driver.
Before begin with the guide, note that your Zenfone 2 Laser should have root access and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on it. Also, the below procedure will wipe data from your phone, so backup every data before proceeding with.
1) The below guide is for Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL/KG and Zenfone Laser ZE551KL/KG variants only.
2) Backup whole data you have on the phone
3) Root access and TWRP recovery
4) At least 70% battery remaining on the phone
Unofficial CM14 ROM Installation Instruction for Zenfone Laser 2
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Download CM14 ROM zip file and gapps zip file from the above link and transfer the zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
2. Boot your Zenfone Laser 2 into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button together.
3. In TWRP recovery, choose Backup/Restore and create a Nandroid backup (required to restore your original ROM).
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear data, Clear cache, Clear system. (It will delete every data from your device)
5. Now, choose ‘Install’, locate the CM14 ROM zip file and swipe right to begin installing the ROM. Once done, flash the GApps zip file.
6. Now, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache to fix any bootloop issue.
8. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System.
The device will now boot into CyanogenMod 14. Set up and enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat on your Zenfone Laser. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – XDA)