Official LineageOS (former CyanogenMod) is not yet ready for download. However, unofficial build of LineageOS is now available for many devices, including the Redmi Note 3. Based on the CyanogenMod 14.1, LineageOS 14.1 brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat, VoLTE support and many value added features to Redmi Note 3. If you are interested, check out the installation guide.
In this guide, we show you how to install unofficial LineageOS 14.1 on Redmi Note 3. There were no major bugs in this ROM. Most components are fully functional, but like most custom ROMs, you may experience some issues while using it. If you are ready to face few issues, then read on to know how to flash LineageOS 14.1 on your Redmi Note 3.
LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 enables VoLTE support on the device, so you can use services like Jio on the phone.
As you all know, installing custom ROM requires latest version of TWRP recovery (v3..) and root access on the phone.
Pre-requisites before installing the ROM
– Backup all important data (contacts, apps, messages, etc.) you have on the phone.
– Ensure 60-80% battery charge remaining on your phone.
– Do not flash this ROM on any device other than Redmi Note 3 (kenzo).
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Redmi Note 3
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
2. Download Gapps package (Android 7.1, arm64) [HERE] and save it on the phone.
3. Boot your Redmi Note 3 into TWRP recovery (press ‘Volume Down + Power Button’ together after switching off the phone)
4. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe, then factory reset, and wipe /system.
5. Select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and flash it. Repeat this for flashing Gapps zip file.
6. If you need VoLTE, download VoLTE patch [HERE] and flash it.
7. Now, reboot your phone.
Set up your phone and enjoy LineageOS on Redmi Note 3. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)