YU Yuphoria is the latest entry from YU Televentures that is running on the Android 5.0 Lollipop based Cyanogen OS 12 ROM. If you are an Android freak, who are looking for further development (such as installing custom ROM, custom kernels, Xposed modules, etc.) on their Yu Yuphoria (YU5010) might want to unlock bootloader, install custom TWRP recovery and root it.
In this tutorial, we show you how to unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root Yu Yuphoria (YU5010). One advantage of Yuphoria is that its warranty will not void for unlocking Bootloader, however please note that casual users do not try to unlock the bootloader, as it poses a security risk. Tech savvy users who like development on their Yu Yuphoria go ahead.
Disclaimer: Follow the guide carefully and at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility if anything went wrong. This guide is intended only for technically talented users.
Requirements: Driver for Yu Yuphoria installed on your PC and ADB and fastboot setup on your PC. Read this article to know how to setup ADB and Fastboot.
Important: Back up everything on your phone. Unlocking bootloader will delete all your data including the internal memory.
1. Enable USB Debugging on Yuphoria. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options. From Developer options enable USB Debugging.
2. Now, boot Yu Yuphoria into Fastboot / Bootloader Mode. To do so, from Developer Options enable ‘Advanced Reboot option’. Then, press the Power button, tap Reboot and then tap Fastboot Mode.
3. Now, connect your phone to your PC. Go to the ADB folder on your PC, press & hold shift key, right click an empty space, and choose open command window here.
4. In command window, issue the following commands one by one.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
You have no successfully unlocked bootloader on Yu Yuphoria
1. Download TWRP recovery image [HERE] to the ADB folder.
2. From Developer Options, disable ‘Update Cyanogen recovery’ option.
3. Reboot your phone into recovery mode (see above) and connect it to your PC.
4. Go to ADB folder, press & hold shift key, right click an empty space, and choose open command window here.
5. Now, issue the following command to install TWRP recovery.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery twrp.img
6. Once done, your phone will restart.
1. Download Super Su zip file [HERE] and copy to your phone’s internal memory.
2. Turn off Yuphoria and boot into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button altogether.
3. Select Install zip -> Choose zip from /sdcard -> 0/ -> Select Supersu.zip -> Yes –> Install Supersu.zip
4. Once done reboot your Yuphoria.
Any question, leave it in the comment section below