After a long wait, finally Samsung upgraded Galaxy On5 Pro (SM-G550FY) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Indian users are starts getting the Nougat OTA (over the air) update with build number G550FYXXU1CQL6 on their phone. The incremental OTA update will take a few days to receive on all On5 Pro. If you prefer manual installation, then read the below given guide.
Galaxy On5 Pro was released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow on board and the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat update brings multiple of new features, including the revamped TouchWiz UX, enhanced notifications shade, Quick settings buttons, better battery life via Doze mode, improved split-screen multitasking and a variety of performance enhancements. However, the update comes with August 2017 security patches (patch level 2017-08-01).
You can install the stock Nougat 7.1.1 firmware manually on Galaxy On5 Pro via Samsung Keis or via Odin tool. We recommend you try the OTA update first, so go to Settings > About device > Check software updates.
For some reasons you cannot install the Nougat OTA update on Galaxy On5 Pro, for example, network trouble, root access, custom recovery, etc. In such a situation, manual installation via Odin is only the choice.
Note: The below guide is for Galaxy On5 Pro SM-G550FY variant only. Backup all data you have on the phone. Also, install Samsung drivers on your PC.
How to Install Official Android Nougat 7.1.1 Update on Galaxy On5 Pro
1. Download Galaxy On5 Pro SM-G550FY Android 7.1.1 firmware from here (build number G550FYXXU1CQL6). Then unzip the downloaded firmware file.
2. Download latest version of Odin tool from here, unzip it on your PC and run the Odin.exe file.
3. Boot Phone in Download Mode (Switch off the phone, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
4. Connect phone to your PC via a USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin. If not, install proper driver on your PC and start again.
5. Click on AP/PDA and select the firmware file (file with a .tar extension)
6. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
7. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes. Once the ‘Pass’ message is appeared in Odin, reboot your phone.
Enjoy the sweetest Nougat and the new UX on your Galaxy On5. (Source – Sammobile)