OxygenOS Open Beta updated to version 15 for OnePlus 3 and version 6 OnePlus 3T. Still based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the new update includes new features and refreshed UI. Users can experience new dialer, new caller interface, and various UI changes. The update also optimizes various sections of the OS and includes general bug fixes. Users who are participating in the open beta program will receive the incremental OTA update soon.
OxygenOS Open Beta 15 and Open Beta 6 are now available for download officially. Interested users can download and install the OS on their OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T and experience new features. If you are already participating in the Open Beta program, you will receive the OTA notification. The OTA update file weighs around 70MB and you may need to wait few days to get the update.
Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 15 and Open Beta 6:
– New dialer and incoming call interface
– Swipe down to answer and swipe up to reject an incoming call
– Refreshed UI
– UI optimizations for Messages, Settings and Contacts
– New action bar for Messages and Settings
– Collapsible and expandable action bar (more to come in the future)
– Optimized high power usage notifications
– Optimized the system, which notifies you when apps are using a lot of battery
– Bluetooth optimizations
– Night mode optimizations
– Bug fixes
If you are not joined for the OxygenOS Open Beta program, but want to try the latest update on your OnePlus 3/3T, you can download the ROM and install manually via ADB.
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta on OnePlus 3/3T
1. Backup every data on your phone
2. Setup ADB and Fastboot driver
4. Save the downloaded firmware zip file inside Platform tool/adb installation folder.
5. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
6. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option and tap OK to confirm.
7. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac.
8. Inside Platform tool/adb folder open a command window and type the below command and press Enter.
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]