OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta update 13/4 for OnePlus 3/3T with lot of new features. The update includes new Pixel like launcher with app shortcut, redesigned app drawer, secure box, auto-night mode, DND mode for gaming, many optimizations and general bug fixes. If you device is running on the previous open beta build (OxygenOS Open Beta 12/3), you will receive the OTA update for the OxygenOS Open Beta 13/4 update. Other users can manually flash the new update.
Based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the OxygenOS Open Beta 13 for OnePlus 3 and OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T is one of the major update for open beta program as it includes several new features and UI changes. The OS now performs well on both OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Before starts installing the OS, let us see what is new in this update.
Main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 13/4:
– All new launcher, added support for shortcuts on Android 7.1.1
– Redesigned app drawer
– Redesigned UI for launcher settings
– Added status bar icon option to display real time network speed
– Added Notification Denoising
– Added Gaming Do Not Disturb mode
– Added automatic Night Mode
– Added Secure Box for file encryption
– Optimized touch latency
– Optimized camera EIS for videos
– Improved contacts management with linking and merge functions
– Added quick pay option for India
– Bug fixes and general improvements
Note: You can read full changelog and details of each new features at here.
If you are interested, check out the manual installation guide. To install OxygenOS Open Beta 13/4 on OnePlus 3/3T manually, you device’s bootloader should be unlocked. In addition, ADB and Fastboot driver setup needs to be on your computer.
2. Turn off your OnePlus 3/3T, press Power and Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ and tap OK to confirm. You will get ‘You are in sideload mode’.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to your computer, go the ADB installation directory, and type the below command:
adb sideload File Name.zip (for Windows)
./adb sideload File Name.zip (for Mac/Linux)
[File Name.zip = OxygenOS open beta file name]
5. Once the flashing process is completed, OnePlus 3/T will reboot automatically to OxygenOS. Enjoy! (Source – OnePlus)