OnePlus team has released OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 that brings Android 7.0 Nougat to the device. Tech-savvy users can download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 8 on their device and experience the Android 7.0 Nougat and its new features. Read on to know how to install OxygenOS Open Beta 8 (Nougat) on OnePlus 3 manually.
OnePlus 3 Beta testers will not get the OTA for this update. Users need to download the full firmware, which weighs around 1.3GB and flash it manually via ADB. However, keep in mind that this is a beta build and not ready to be used as a daily driver. You will not get all the features right now and experience stability and performance issues. Also, Android Pay may not work correctly.
Main features of OxygenOS Open Beta 8:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon Options
– Added Quick Launch for 3rd Party Applications
– Improved Shelf Customization
Before start installing OxygenOS Open Beta 8 on OnePlus 3, note that once installed you cannot go back to Marshmallow directly. Therefore, inexperienced users do not try below steps. Backup any important data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
Note: The below guide assume that OnePlus 3’s bootloader is unlocked, ADB and fastboot drivers setup on your PC.
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 8 Update (Nougat) on OnePlus 3
1. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 [HERE] and save it where you have ADB is installed.
2. Reboot your phone into stock recovery mode [turn off the device, press power and volume down buttons simultaneously].
3. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload filename.zip
./adb sideload filename.zip
5. Wait until the installation process complete. Your phone will reboot automatically and take you into OxygenOS (Nougat). Set up and enjoy!