OxygenOS 5.0.2 has been released for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T with new features, bug fixes and improvements. In this new update OnePlus adds Face Unlock and enhanced EIS for video recording to OnePlus 5 and brings new features to Launcher, Gallery, Weather and File manager apps to both devices. OxygenOS 5.0.2 also includes a CPU security fixes and new design for Quick Settings menu.
OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA (over-the-air) update starts rolling out or you can manually update your OnePlus 5/5T to this version by downloading the OTA update file or full ROM (download link given below). However, but we highly recommend OTA (over –the air) update method as the manual method involves risk.
Below is what is new in this update.
– Added Face Unlock function (for OnePlus 5).
– Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
– General bug fixes and improvements
– Updated Launcher to v2.2
– Updated Gallery to v2.0
– Updated Weather to v1.9
– Updated File Manager to v1.7.6
– Enhanced EIS for video recording (for OnePlus 5)
If you have not got the OTA notification for this update yet, Check it manaully by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. Or, follow the below manual update guide.
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 on OnePlus 5/5T (OTA/Full Firmware)
OTA Update Method:
1. Save the OTA zip file on your phone internal memory.
2. Turn off the phone, press Power & Volume Down buttons together. It will boot into recovery mode.
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’, select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘ and select OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA zip file.
4. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.
Full ROM Update Method:
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
2. Save the OxygenOS 5.0.2 Full ROM zip file where you have installed ADB.
3. Now, boot your phone into stock recovery (press Power & Volume – buttons)
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip= full firmware file name)