OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for OnePlus 5 with OnePlus Slate font, EIS for 4K recording, multiple bug fixes and optimizations. It will also include updated Android security patches (patch level 1st July 2017). OnePlus 5 owners will get the OxygenOS 4.5.7 OTA update notification on their device or download and flash the update manually.
OxygenOS 4.5.7 brings all new OnePlus Slate font and EIS for 4k video recording (a feature many users are waiting for) to OnePlus 5. Also, the update includes standby battery enhancements and improved Wi-Fi connectivity. Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for OnePlus 5:
Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font (new)
Added EIS for 4k video recording (new)
Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017 (update)
Updated to latest GMS package (update)
Wi-Fi connectivity improvements (optimization)
Standby battery enhancements (optimization)
Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones (fixe)
Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region (fixe)
Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos (fix)
f you have not received the OTA update notification for OxygenOS 4.5.7 on your OnePlus 5 yet, check it by going to Settings > About > System Update > Check for update.
Alternatively, follow the manual installation guide.
OTA Update Method:
1. Download OxygenOS 4.5.7 OTA update from here (for OOS 4.5.6 – OOS 4.5.7)
2. Save the OTA update zip file on internal phone storage.
3. Go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings Icon > Local Upgrade > Select the OTA File.
4. Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
5. Your device will reboot into recovery and flash the OTA. After installation your device will reboot to new version.
Full ROM updates Method: