As promised, OnePlus released stable OxygenOS 4.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) released for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The stable Android Nougat based OxygenOS 4.0 brings new features, performance boost and improved security to OnePlus 3. The incremental OTA update will reach on all OnePlus 3 with in few days or users can download and install the firmware manually. Check out the manual installation guide.
OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3 features multi-window mode, notification direct reply, custom DIP settings, new notification and settings menu design, good battery optimization, as well as general bug fixes and various optimizations for stability. Also, this new update includes latest Android security patches.
Whats is new in OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon Options
– Improved Shelf Customization
If you would like to install Android 7.0 Nougat (OxygenOS 4.0) manually on your device, then check out the guide to know how to sideload on OnePlus 3.
1. Backup data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
2. Ensure at least 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. ADB and Fastboot must be installed in your computer [see this guide].
4. Download OxygenOS 4.0 [HERE]
5. Unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader [Guide]
How to Sideload OxygenOS 4.0 on Oneplus 3
1. Save the downloaded OxygenOS 4.0 zip file where the ADB is installed.
2. Power off OnePlus 3 and press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
5. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0. (Source – OnePlus)