OnePlus is now rolling out new Oxygen OS Open Beta 16 and Beta 7 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T with bug fixes and optimizations. The update also includes a bug report feedback app to help users report bugs and crashes they come across. If you are on the OxygenOS Open Beta channel, you will receive the OTA update (weighs around 70MB) in the coming days. If you prefer manual installation, you can download and install right now.
The new OxygenOS Open Beta 16 and Open Beta 7 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat brings new feedback app to report bugs, fixes various bugs found in the previous build, and optimizes battery consumption. If you would like to update your OnePlus 3/3T to the latest beta version manually, then download OOS open beta 16/7 for OnePlus 3/3T from below and follow the installation guide.
Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 16 and Open Beta 7:
Enabled Bug report feedback app (User Feedback)
Fixed duplicate Contacts after upgrading
Fixed Contacts search function bug
Fixed alarm clock occasionally not ringing
Fixed certain app crashes
Fixed some display issues with Dark and Light themes
Optimized power consumption
General bug fixes
If you are not joined for the OxygenOS Open Beta program, but want to try the latest update on your OnePlus 3/3T, you can download the ROM and install manually via ADB.
1. Backup every data you have on the phone
2. Setup ADB and Fastboot driver
4. Save the downloaded firmware zip file inside Platform tool/adb installation folder.
5. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
6. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option and tap OK to confirm.
7. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac.
8. Inside Platform tool/adb folder open a command window and type the below command and press Enter.
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]