OnePlus just released a bug fixing update (OxygenOS 4.0.2) for OnePlus 3/3T. The update fixes bugs found in the previous builds and improves the system stability. Based on the Android 7.0 Nougat, the OxygenOS 4.0.2 update includes fix for proximity sensor and Play Store download bugs. The update also brings custom DPI support, new design for notification, multi-window view, improved shelf customization and more. However, the Wi-Fi connection issue needs to be fixed yet.
OnePlus starts rolling out the incremental OxygenOS 4.0.2 (Nougat) OTA (over-the-air) update for OnePlus 3/3T. Because the update is incremental, you may need to wait one or more weeks to get the update on your device. However, if you cannot wait for the update, you can install the update manually.
Note that to apply the OTA update your device should be on OxygenOS 4.0.1. If you are still on Marshmallow (OxygenOS 3.5), then you need to download the full firmware and flash it manually.
Before get start, check out the main changelog of OxygenOS 4.0.2:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon options
– Improved Shelf Customization
– Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
– Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
– Fixed Google Play Store download bug
– Increased System Stability
Note: Backup data on the phone before proceeding. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone. Full firmware update requires ADB and Fastboot setup on the computer.
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
OTA Update Method (From OOS 4.0.1 to OOS 4.0.2)
2. Turn off the phone, press Power & Volume Down buttons together. It will boot into recovery mode.
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’, select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘ and select OxygenOS 4.0.2 OTA zip file.
4. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.
Full Firmware Update Method
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
3. Now, boot your phone into stock recovery (press Power & Volume – buttons)
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip= full firmware file name)
6. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0.2.