OnePlus 5T was launched a few weeks ago with OxygenOS 4.7.0. However the device has received three firmware updates since the launch. Few days back, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 4.7.1 update and then updated to OxygenOS 4.7.2. Now, OxygenOS 4.7.4 update has been released with several fixes and optimizations. If your OnePlus 5T is running on OxygenOS 4.7.2, you will get the OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA shortly.
The OxygenOS 4.7.4 update improves camera app, so the OnePlus 5T can bring great quality photos even in low-light circumstances. The update also optimizes Wi-Fi battery usage, face unlock, stability of fingerprint, GPS and more. However, the update does not include November or December security patches. It still maintains the October security patches.
Changelog of OxygenOS 4.7.4:
– Optimized UI of Camera
– Improvements for photo quality
– Optimizations for audio from speaker and earphones
– Optimizations for face unlock
– Optimizations for vibration
– Wi-Fi battery usage optimization
– Improved stability of fingerprint and GPS
– General bug fixes and system stability improvements.
OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA update and full ROM are also available for download. Experienced users can download and install the update manually, but we highly recommend OTA (over –the air) update method as the manual method involves risk. Check OTA update by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates.
For your information, OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T will get the Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS update by December or early 2018. While, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T has been updated to Android 8.0 Oreo (OxygenOS 5.0)
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 on OnePlus 5T Manually (Full Firmware)
1. Download OxygenOS 4.7.4 full ROM from here or download OTA update (comming soon)