OnePlus 5 gets first Android 8.0 Oreo update as OxygenOS Open Beta 1. OnePlus 5 users can download and install the ROM right now and experience Oreo features. OxygenOS Open Beta 1 OTA (over-the-air) update is available for Open Beta program sign in users. Other users can download the full ROM and flash manually. Below is download link for OxygenOS Open Beta 1 and installation instruction.
Recently, OnePlus rolled out Android Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. OnePlus 5 owners can also expect the stable Oreo update soon. However, OxygenOS Open Beta 1 is almost stable and brings several new features like Parallel Apps, Picture-in-Picture, notification dots, and more.
Changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5:
– Updated to Android O (8.0)
– Added Picture in Picture
– Added Auto-fill
– Added Smart text selection
– New Quick Settings design
– Added Parallel Apps
– Updated security patch to October
– Added notification dots
– New app folder design
– Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
Download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS Open Beta 1
Note: If you are participating in the OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will receive the new update via OTA. Other users can download and flash the ROM manually.
– OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 [download]
Installation Instruction for OOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5
1. To install the new update, download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 from above links.
2. After downloading the full firmware, follow this installation instruction.
How to Downgrade OnePlus 5 to Nougat
After updating your OnePlus 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo (OOS Open Beta 1) you want to downgrade to Android Nougat you should download a special downgrade version. Below is the download links and installation instruction.
Note: This procedure will wipe your device, so back up important file
1. Download special downgrade version from here.
2. Save the download firmware zip file to your device internal storage.
3. Now boot your device to stock recovery.
4. Choose “Install from Local” and then choose the downloaded build to install. (Source – OnePlus)