OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T updated to OxygenOS 4.0.3 (Android 7.0 Nougat). OnePlus starts rolling out the OTA (over the air) update and if your One|Plus 3/3T is running on the most recent version of OxygenOS (OxygenOS 4.0.2), you will get the update in the coming days. If you have not received the update notification on your device for some reason, you can install the update manually, but requires some technical skill. Look into the installation instruction given below.
OxygenOS 4.0.3 (Android 7.0 Nougat) for OnePlus 3/3T is primarily a bug fixing update. It comes with many fixes and optimizations.Wi-Fi Smart switch optimization, camera app stability improvement, updated APN settings for select carriers, etc. are some of the key changes of this update. The update also brings Amazon Prime App for India users.
Changeloge of OxygenOs 4.0.3 update for OnePlus 3.3T:
– Enhanced Smart Wi-Fi Switcher (automatically switched to mobile data if Wi-Fi signal is poor or inconsistent)
– Camera app stability improvements
– Exposure optimization for nighttime photos
– Improves quality of audio recordings
– APN settings for select carriers
– Amazon Prime App (for India users)
Note that, if the OxygenOS 4.0.3 causes Wi-Fi disconnections issue on your phone, you can fix it by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure Wi-Fi > Scroll down and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines). If IP address is IPv6, turn it off. If the problem persists, turn off Smart Wi-Fi Switcher function.
Manual Installation Guide for OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update on OnePlus 3/3T
Important: Backup data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
OTA Update Method (From OOS 4.0.2 to OOS 4.0.3)
2. Turn off the phone, press Power & Volume Down buttons together. It will boot into recovery mode.
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’, select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘ and select OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA zip file.
4. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.