OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T have receiving OxygenOS 4.0.1 (Nougat) update. OnePlus starts rolling out the OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA update, which will reach on all devices within a week or more. The update weighs just around 35MB and it will improve system stability, fixes many bugs, including the proximity sensor issue and brings new features to both OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. If you have not received the OTA update, here is how to update manually.
The manual installation instruction given here helps you update your OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T to OxygenOS 4.0.1. The guide covers both OTA update and full firmware update. To apply the OTA update your device should be on OxygenOS 4.0. If you are still on Marshmallow (OxygenOS 3.5), then you need to download the full firmware and flash it manually.
Before get start, check out the main changelog of OxygenOS 4.0.1:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon Options
– Improved Shelf Customization
– Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
– Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
– Increased System Stability
Note: Backup data on the phone before proceeding. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone. Full firmware update requires ADB and Fastboot setup on the computer.
OTA Update Method:
2. Turn off the phone, press Power & Volume Down buttons together. It will boot into recovery mode.
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’, select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘ and select OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA zip file.
4. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.
Full Firmware Update Method:
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
3. Now, boot your phone into stock recovery (press Power & Volume – buttons)
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip= full firmware file name)
6. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0.1.