OnePlus has released another update to its OxygenOS Open Beta program that updates the Oneplus 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat. The new OxygenOS Open Beta 10 comes with various fixes and optimizations, which means users can better experience Nougat based OxygenOS on their OnePlus 3. If you are running on the previous open beta build (OxygenOS Open Beta 9), you will receive the OTA update for the OxygenOS Open Beta 10 update. Other users can manually flash the new update.
Although OnePlus has promised to release the stable build of OxygenOS Nougat build for OnePlus 3 before January 2017, this new Open Beta 10 shows that the team require few more times to optimize the OS. Whatever will be that, the OxygenOS Open Beta 10 performs well on OnePlus 3. If you are interested, check out the manual installation guide.
Main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 10 for OnePlus 3
– Added Data Saver
– Fixed Lock Screen clock bug in Portrait Mode
– Fixed issue of reverting to Default Theme after reboot
– Optimized fingerprint unlocking speed
– Optimized the quality of Expanded Screenshot
– Optimized WiFi performance
– Optimized system performance and battery consumption
To install OxygenOS Open Beta 10 on OnePlus 3 manually, you device’s bootloader should be unlocked. In addition, ADB and Fastboot driver setup needs to be on your computer.
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 10 on OnePlus 3 Manually
1. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 10 for OnePlus 3 (1.5GB) from here and save the zip file where the ADB is installed.
2. Turn off your OnePlus 3, press Power and Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ and tap OK to confirm. You will get ‘You are in sideload mode’.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer, go the ADB installation directory, and type the below command:
adb sideload File Name.zip (for Windows)
./adb sideload File Name.zip (for Mac/Linux)
5. Once the flashing process is completed, OnePlus 3 will reboot automatically to OxygenOS. Enjoy! (Source – OnePlus)