OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T updated to OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 Android 8.0 Oreo. OnePlus just released the new update with a bunch of bug fixes, performance boost and new features. Also, the update includes November 2017 Google security patches. Owners of OnePlus 3/3T can download and install the OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 right now and enjoy new features like aptX HD Buletooth streaming.
The OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 OTA update starts rolling out and all OnePlus 3/3T Beta participants will get the update shortly. The OTA update just weighs 137MB and includes features like aptX HD Bluetooth streaming, Photo map in Gallery app to view photos by location, bug fixes and system stability features.
Highlighted features of OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19:
– Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu for launcher.
– Added photo map to view photos by location to Gallery app
– UI enhancements and other optimizations for Gallery app
– Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
– Wireless hotspot management optimizations
– Support for aptX/aptX HD
– UI fixes for Quick Settings
– Fixed slow charging issues
– Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
– Optimized battery usage statistics
– Updated Android Security Patch
– Other bug fixes and optimizations
If you are participating in the OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will receive the new update via OTA. Other users can download and flash the ROM manually.
If you are not joined for the OxygenOS Open Beta program, but want to try the latest update on your OnePlus 3/3T, you can download the ROM and install manually via ADB.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19
Installation Instruction for OOS Open Beta 28/19 on OnePlus 3/3T
1. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 28 for OnePlus 3 and OxygenOS Open Beta 19 for OnePlus 3T from above links.
2. After downloading the full firmware, follow this installation instruction.
Note: OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T have already updated to Android 8.0 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.0. If you prefer stable version over the Beta OxygenOS, then follow this guide to install OxygenOS 5.0 manually (Source)