Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus have already received official Android 7.0 Nougat update from Motorola a week ago. However, rooted Moto G4/G4 Plus users who are looking for Android 7.1 Nougat, there is a good news for them. Folks over at CyanogenMod have released the first CM14.1 Nightly build for Moto G4/ G4 Plus (code named athene) that brings Android 7.1 Nougat along with CM features to the handset.
CyanogenMod fans can download and install the official CM14.1 nightly build (Android 7.1) on their Moto G4/G4 Plus and enjoy the latest and sweetest Android version on their handset. Note that the ROM status is ‘Nightly’, which means it is not yet ready to be used as a daily driver. You will not get all the CM features right now and may experience glitches while using the phone.
Check out the guide below to know how to install CM14.1 on Moto G4/ G4 Plus. As you all know, installing CyanogenMod 14.1 requires latest version of TWRP recovery (v3+) and root access on your phone.
Pre-requisites before installing CM14.1:
– Backup all important data (contacts, apps, messages, etc.) you have on the phone.
– Ensure 60-80% battery charge remaining on your phone.
– Do not flash this ROM on any device other than Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene).
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery and in TWRP selects ‘Backup’ and backup entire system.
3. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ and perform a factory reset, wipe data and the Dalvik cache.
4. Now, in TWRP tap ‘Install’, navigate and select the ROM zip file. Confirm the action by swiping the arrow to the left. Install Gapps zip file in the same way.
5. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and reboot your phone. Once booted up, setup your device and enjoy Android 7.1 Nougat.