Nokia (HMD Global) has released a new software update (00WW_3_72A) for Nokia 6. The update does not include any new features, but it improves system stability and includes some UI enhancements. The incremental OTA (over the air) update just weighs around 149MB and will get it on Nokia 6 TA-1033 in the coming days. You can also download and install the 00WW_3_72A update manually, if you wish so.
Nokia 6 00WW_3_72A software update is still based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat (not Oreo) and brings the latest Android Security patches (November 2017) along with several improvements and general bug fixes to the device. Since the OTA update is rolled out in phases, you may need to wait a few days to get the update notification on your device.
If you have not received the OTA update notification yet, check for it manually by going to Settings > Other > Software Update. If update found, download and install.
Before installing the update, make sure that your phone is sufficiently charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you are facing any issue updating your Nokia 6 via OTA (for example out of WiFi coverage), then you can download and sideload the update manually via ADB.
Install Nokia 6 Update (00WW_3_72A) Manually
Note: Setup ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC (you may follow this guide)
1. Download 00WW_3_72A update zip file [here] and save it where ADB is installed.
2. Enable USB Debugging on Nokia 6 (Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging), then connect your phone to your PC.
3. Go to the ADB folder (where firmware file is saved), and open a command window from there (press Shift + Right Click on any empty area in the folder then choose ‘Open command window here’).
4. In the command prompt, type the below command:
adb reboot recovery
5. Once in recovery, select ‘Install from USB’ and then issue the below command:
adb sideload ota.zip
[replace ota.zip with original file name]
The installation process will begin. After completing the process, issue the below command:
This will reboot your device to new software version. Let us know your views about this update in the comment.