Moto Z, Moto Z Play and Moto Z Force on Verizon starts getting the September Security patches and Blueborne Vulnerability fix along with stability improvement and bug fixes. If you own a Verizon Moto Z, Z Play or Z Force you should have received the OTA (over-the-air) update (build NCLS26.118-23-1-1) notification for the update. As it is a crucial update to fix Blueborne, all users should download and install it.
The Blueborne vulnerability was discovered only recently (read more about Blueborne here) and it is critical. All device vendors are now pushing new software update with fix for the critical BlueBorne Bluetooth attack. Not only in US, Moto Z, Moto Z Play and Moto Z Force in other regions have also already updated with September 2017 security patches.
For Verizon variant Moto Z, Z Play or Z Force, the update comes with build number NDNS26.118-23-4 for Moto Z Play and NCLS26.118-23-1-1 for Moto Z Force. Below is the full change log of the update.
Change log of NDNS26.118-23-4/NCLS26.118-23-1-1 Update:
– Blueborne Vulnerability fixed
– September 2017 Security Update (Patch Level: 2017-09-01)
– Regular Bug fixes.
– Stability of the device improved.
If you have not received the OTA update notification on your device yet, you can manually check for the availability of the update. Follow the below steps.
How to Download and Install Moto Z, Z Play or Z Force Blueborne Fix Update
1. On your device, go to Settings > About device > System Updates.
2. If the update available, tap Yes, I’m in to start downloading the software update.
3. Once the software update download has finished, tap Install now.
4. Your phone will restart automatically after the install.
As mentioned above, this new update is critical, as it fixes the Blueborne Vulnerability and includes latest Android security patches (patch level 2017-09-01). (Source)