Motorola starts rolling out NPN25.137-67-5 update with August Security patches to Moto G5 Plus in India along with stability improvements and bug fixes. Moto G5 Plus (retin) user in India will get the OTA update in the coming days and all users are recommended to install this update as it includes fixe for critical security issues as well as enhances audio volume on phone calls.
The new Moto G5 Plus NPN25.137-67-5 update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and weighs around 53 MB. The update includes Android security patches through 1 August 2017, which includes several fixes for security holes found to the date and the most important one is fixes for the critical security vulnerability in media framework.
Moto G5 Plus (retin) Android 7.0 Nougat NPN25.137-67-5 update includes the following changes:
– Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches through 1 August 2017.
– Enhancements on phone audio: Introduces changes that enhances audio volume.
If you have not received the notification message for this new update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
1. Go to phone Settings and select “About phone”.
2. Select “System updates”.
3. Select “Yes, I’m in”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
4. After the software is installed, your phone will reboot automatically.
Note that, once you upgrade your Moto G5 Plus to this new version, you cannot downgrade to a previous software version. (Source)