The MIUI team is starting to roll out MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global stable ROM for Redmi 3s/Prime. The new update fixes bugs found in the previous MIUI 184.108.40.206 build and offers better performance and stability. The MIUI 220.127.116.11 OTA update will hit all Redmi 3s/Prime in the coming days. For those who prefer manual installation can download and install the ROM via recovery or Updater app. Check out the guide below to know how to update Redmi 3s/Prime to MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global stable build manually.
Xiaomi has already rolled out MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for many of its Redmi and Mi device and now it is available for the budget Redmi 3s/Prime. The ROM is still based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and if you want to update your handset to the latest version (MIUI 22.214.171.124) manually, then check out the guide below.
Note that manual installation requires some technical expertise, so the safest method to update your Redmi 3S/Prime to latest version is via OTA. if you have not received the OTA notification on your phone, then check it by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for update.
If you prefer manual installation, then proceed with below steps. All you need to download the OTA and flash it via recovery or Updater app.
How to Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 Update on Redmi 3s/Prime
1. Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 for Redmi 3S/Prime (recovery image) from here.
2. Rename the file to ‘update.zip’ and transfer it your phone’s storage (download folder).
3. On your phone, go to the Updater app and tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right corner.
4. Select Choose update package, go to the Download folder (where you have saved the ROM zip file) and Choose files, then choose the download zip, select it and tap OK.
5. The phone will then verifies the package, reboot automatically and flash the update. (Source – miui)