After being rolled out the Android 7.0 Nougat update for HTC 10 international variants, finally, T-Mobile HTC 10 has also receiving Android 7.0 Nougat update. The company starts rolling out the Nougat OTA update for HTC 10 that updates the device to software version 2.37.531.5. If you have not received the update notification for some reason or out of Wi-Fi coverage area, you can manually install the firmware (HTC 10 RUU file). The company has uploaded the T-Mobile HTC 10 Nougat files (RRU) to its download page for manual installation.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update for T-Mobile HTC 10 includes November Android security patches, system enhancements in Sense UI, notification panel, quick settings menu, heads up notification, app switching, multi-window and more. If you have not updated your T-Mobile HTC 10 to Android Nougat, check out the manual installation guide.
The below guide details on how to sideload Nougat RUU file on T-Mobile HTC 10 (software version 2.37.531.5). First, check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > System Update. If you have not find the update then, follow the manual installation instruction given below.
Prerequisites for installing Android 7.0 Nougat RUU file on T-Mobile HTC 10:
– Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding.
– Ensure the battery is charged to at least 75%
– Should be on stock recovery
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat Update on T-Mobile HTC 10 Manually
1. Download [HERE] and install HTC Sync Manager on your PC in order to get the proper drivers, if you do not have it already.
2. Download HTC 10 Nougat RRU update file [HERE] to your PC.
3. Connect HTC 10 to your PC via the supplied USB cable. If the PC does not recognize the device, check USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC 10 Nougat RRU update exe file that you downloaded. Double-click on the exe file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot. Set up and enjoy.
If the above method does not worked, follow the below method.
1. Turn off HTC 10, press Volume Down button and press Power button to turn on the phone.
2. It will boot your device in to ‘Download’ mode
3. Connect the device to the PC and start the ROM update process again
4. Once the device reboots, set up and enjoy.
Note: To exit download mode manually, use the volume keys to navigate to reboot and press the POWER button to select it. (Source – AP)