If you own a Coolpad Note 5 and eagerly waiting for the latest Android 7.0 Nougat on it, then there is a good news for you. Coolpad released an official Android 7.0 Nougat Beta firmware for Coolpad Note 5, which you can install and test out all the new features of the latest OS. If you are interested checkout the manual installation guide for Android 7.0 Nougat (Beta) on Coolpad Note 5.
Before start, note that the Android 7.0 Nougat for Coolpad Note 5 is a testing version (Beta) of the OS. The firmware is not fully stable, may not include all the new feature and you may experience glitches during the course of use. If you are ready to face certain issues, then read on to know how to flash Nougat firmware on your Coolpad Note 5.
Installing Android 7.0 Nougat (Beta) on Coolpad Note 5 is not as easy as we think. It requires some technical knowhow and experience in flashing firmware on devices like Coolpad. Inexpert users do not try to install it on their Coolpad Note 5, as if anything went wrong your handset became a useless device.
Prerequisites for installing Android 7.0 Nougat (Beta) on Coolpad Note 5
– Backup every data you have on your phone
– Download YGDP tool (a very simple and safe tool for flashing official coolpad CoolUI roms in CPB format) from here
– Download Coolpad Android N (Beta) firmware from here
– At least 60% – 70% battery charge remaining on the phone
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat (Beta) on Coolpad Note 5
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Install YGDP tool on your computer
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware
3. Open YGDP tool (It will ask for password on the first run, use the password: 9527)
4. Now Click on configure and select the .CPB file.
5. Browse for .CBP file from Coolpad Note 5 Nougat folder unzipped folder and click on Apply.
6. Turn off your phone and connect it to PC in “bootloader mode” under “recovery menu” and then ‘Start’ button to start the process.
7. After you get a ‘Successful Upgrade’ message on your YGDP Tool, reboot your phone.
Setup and enjoy Android Nougat on your Coolpad Note 5. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source)