Huawei Nova gets EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) via the beta program. The European variant Huawei Nova (CAN-L11) owners can now experience Android 7.0 Nougat and the new EMUI 5.0 by installing the firmware version B320. If you are interested, check out the manual installation guide for Huawei Nova. You can install the update on your phone without unlocking the bootloader.
In the below guide we will provide you a detailed installation instruction for installing EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) on Huawei Nova (CAN-L11). If you are curious about the new features of Android 7.0, the update comes packed with features like Multi-window mode, new notification system, enhanced battery life control, system performance improvement, various other features and fixes.
Device – Huawei Nova
Model – CAN-L11
Android Version – 7.0, EMUI Version – 5.0
Firmware – B320
Build Number – CAN-L11C432B320
Region – Europe
Status – Official (Beta)
Before start, note that the below given file is for Huawei Nova CAN-L11 European variant. Do not try this on any other device. Also, your device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
Note: The below guide does not require unlocked bootloader. Also, ensure at least 50-60% battery charge remaining on the phone to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Important: Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding, just in case.
How to Update Huawei Nova to Android Nougat Manually
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Download Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Huawei Nova from here and unzip it.
2. Download HW eu package from here and rename it as ‘update.zip’.
3. Now, create a folder named ‘dload’ in the root of your phone’s SD card and place the update.app file (you have extracted previously) in that folder.
4. Now, turn off your phone and switch it on by holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together (release buttons when you see Huawei logo).
5. Wait for some time to complete the process. After phone boot up, proceed with the second part of the installation.
6. Now, remove Update.app file from dload folder and place update.zip file (HW eu package).
7. Turn off your phone and switch it on by holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together (release buttons when you see Huawei logo)
7. Reboot and you will get fully working Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei Nova.
Note: If you get error in step 6, unzip the HW eu package and flash only the update.app from the unzipped files. (Source – XDA)