CyanogenMod recently released the new Cyanogen OS 13.1 (build ZNH2KAS1KN) for OnePlus One with Mod feature. If you have not received the OTA notification for the update, you can install the update manually by downloading the firmware. Cyanogen OS 13.1 brings Android 6.0.1 marshmallow to OnePlus One.
Today’s guide helps you to manually install Cyanogen OS 13.1 (build ZNH2KAS1KN) on OnePlus One. The below installation methods support both non-rooted and rooted OnePlus One. The first method is OTA update, which requires to download only 380MB of file. The second method is full system update, which requires to download around 780MB of file.
Before get start, let us know what is new in Cyanogen OS 13.1 (build ZNH2KAS1KN). Besides the usual bug fixes and security patches, the new feature in this update is Mod, which is available to camera, email, lock screen, quick settings and the phone apps. Currently available Mods are Microsoft’s Cortana, OneNote, Skype and Hyperlapse. The other Mod is Twitter. You can read more about Cyanogen OS 13.1 update and Mods here.
Cyanogen OS 13.1 build ZNH2KAS1KN download is now available and users can manually install the update. Read on to know how to install the update manually on OnePlus One.
How to Manually Update OnePlus One to Cyanogen OS 13.1 (Android 6.0.1) via OTA file
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
Prerequisites: To flash the below given OTA file, you need stock recovery and unrooted phone. To flash OTA you need stock unrooted phone.
1. Download Cyanogen OS 13.1 OTA zip file [HERE] and copy the downloaded files in your phone memory.
2. Reboot phone in to stock recovery mode. To do so, switch off your phone, press Volume UP + Power buttons together.
3. In recovery, select ‘Apply update’ (use volume buttons and power button)
4.On the next screen, select ‘Choose from internal storage’ and then select the storage you have saved the OTA zip file.
5. Select the file and then select Yes to start installation
6. When the installation is complete, reboot your OnePlus One and enjoy!
Install Cyanogen OS 13.1 (build ZNH2KAS1KN) on Rooted OnePlus One
Note: As the below method wipe your device completely, backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Also, it requires unlocked bootloader, ADB and fastboot driver installed on your PC.
1. Download the full system fastboot image (build ZNH2KAS1KN) [HERE] and and unzip the zip file in a folder.
2. Copy all the extracted firmware files and paste them into the ADB installation directory. From ADB folder, open a command window (Press shift key, right click and select ‘Open command window here’ option)
3. Now, boot your OnePlus One into fastboot mode. To do so, disconnect the phone from the PC (if connected), then power off it, and then press and hold Power and Volume Up button together for few seconds.
4. Connect the phone to your PC via a USB cable
5. Issue the below commands one by one:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin
fastboot flash oppostanvbk static_nvbk.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash system system.img
6. Now, issue the below command if yours is a 16GB OnePlus One
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
If yours is a 64GB OnePlus One, issue the below command:
fastboot flash userdata userdata_64G.img
7. Onece the process is completed, issue the below command to reboot your phone.