Samsung rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F). The incremental Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update starts rolling out for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F) variants in the UK and Czech Republic. The Nougat updates for other regions are imminent. Because the incremental OTA update rolling out in stages, it will take a week or more to get the update on all devices.
If you cannot wait for the OTA update or out of Wi-Fi area, here is the manual installation guide for Android 7.0 Nougat update on Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F). However, you have some technical skill to flash the Samsung stock firmware on your Galaxy devices.
The Android Nougat update comes with completely new UX changes, new Performance Mode, Samsung Pass, better multi-window, revamped quick panel and notifications, performance enhancements, latest Google security patches (January), better battery life and more. The update also enables faster speeds for downloading apps and system software updates.
For manual firmware installation, you require Samsung firmware flashing tool Odin, Windows computer and of course stock firmware.
Important: Each region firmware has slight differences, so do not install one region firmware on Galaxy S7/S7 edge sold in other region. The listed files are official full firmware for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and S7 Edge (SM-G935F) and it works only on these devices with stock firmware and stock recovery.
Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers installed on your Windows PC and at least 80% battery charge remaining on the phone. Also, back up all important data you have on your phone.
– Latest version of Odin tool (download from here)
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Unzip both Odin zip file and Samsung firmware on your computer (use 7-zip)
2. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock options in Developer Options menu.
3. Run the Odin.exe on your PC.
4. Boot Galaxy S7/S7 edge into Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons). Connect the phone to PC and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
5. In Odin, make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked (tick only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes)
6. Select AP check box in Odin and choose the firmware file you have unzipped (with .tar extension).
7. Finally, click the Start button. Once the ‘Pass’ message is appeared in Odin, reboot your phone.
You have now successfully upgraded your Galaxy S7/S7 edge to Android 7.0 Nougat. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – Sammobile)