Xolo Play 8X-1100 owners can now enjoy Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via CyanogenMod CM 12.1 custom ROM. Though Xolo Play 8X-1100 has good hardware specs, chances for getting official Lollipop update for it is very rare. However, if you love everyone talks CyanogenMod you can upgrade your phone to Lollipop by installing CM12.1 on it.
CyanogenMod CM 12.1 for Xolo Play 8X-1100 is an unofficial build (no support from CyanogenMod Inc.) and stable. You can enjoy a whole new interface, various new features like theme engine, better battery life and you will feel overall a faster performance on your phone. Read on to know how to install the CM 12.1 ROM in Xolo Play.
Before you get start, please note that you have custom recovery installed on your phone and have root permission on it. If you have not done that, follow this guide [HERE] for instruction.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download unofficial CM 12.1 ROM zip file [HERE] and transfer it to your phone’s SD card.
3. Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone, then hold Volume up + Power button together few seconds.
4. In recovery, make a Nandroid backup and then perform a full data wipe (factory reset, cache, and Dalvik cache).
5. Now, in recovery go to “Install zip”, and then choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file. Do the same for Gapps zip file.
6. Once again, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. Then select “wipe data/factory reset” option and perform full system wipe.
5. Now, return to the main menu and select reboot system now.
Your Xolo Play 8X-1100 will now boot into CyanogenMod 12.1. Setup and enjoy. The first boot will take a few minutes. Do not press any button until your phone boots up. (Source – XDA)