Asus has updated ZenFone 4 US variant ZE554KL to Android 8.0 Oreo with several usability features and more friendly UI design. The update comes with software version 15.0405.1711.76 along with latest security patch (December 2017). Since the OTA (over the air) update is rolling out in phases, it could take a week or more to reach your device. The below guide explain how to manually install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus ZenFone 4.
Asus Zenfone 4 was launched in August 2017 with Android 7.0 Nougat onboard. The phone is now updated to Android 8.0 Oreo and if your phone is running on the most recent version (14.1064.1711.96), you can install the Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update without any issue. Below is what is new in this update.
What is new?
1. Upgrade to Android O
2. Swipe up to all apps: After OS upgrade, launcher has some important changes- swipe up to all apps, and all app icons could be changed.
3. More friendly setting UI design
4. Oreo native features: Background limits, Autofill, Smart text selection, Picture-in-Picture, Notification Dots, Android Instant Apps, Adaptive icons for consistent icons and many more.
If you wish to install the Oreo update manually on your ZenFone 4, follow the below guide. You need to download 2.17GB update file, so make sure at least 3GB of free space on your device.
Also Read: How to Unlock ZenFone 4 ZE554KL Bootloader
How to Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on ZenFone 4 Manually
1. Check your device’s SKU by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
2. Go to Asus website here and download the Oreo firmware (WW_15.0405.1711.76). Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, JP, etc).
3. After downloading the firmware, rename it to ‘update.zip’ and save the file on your phone.
4. Now, turn off your phone. After completely turned off the phone, turn it on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together.
5. This will boot your phone into ‘recovery’ mode.
6. In recovery, select ‘Apply update from sd card’ and then select the ‘update.zip’ file you just saved.
7. Once the installation has completed, reboot your phone.
If you have any query regarding the above guide, let us know in the comment below. (source)