After rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3, the OnePlus team started to roll out OxygenOS Open Beta 9 with bug fixes, optimizations and new features. If you have already installed Open Beta 8, you should get the OTA update on your OnePlus 3 or you can install the update manually. Check out the guide below to know how to sideload OxygenOS Open Beta 9 on OnePlus 3.
OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3 brings new features like expanded screenshots functionality, new UI, themes, good battery optimization, as well as general bug fixes and various optimizations. If you are excited to try the latest Android Nougat, then read on to know how to sideload OxygenOS Open Beta 9 on your OnePlus 3.
What is new in OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3?
– Added Expanded Screenshots
– Shelf Design Optimizations
– General UI Optimizations
– DPI Optimizations
– Battery Performance Optimizations
– Stability and Performance Optimizations
– General bug fixes
Note: OxygenOS Open Beta 9 is not a stable ROM. You may come across issues while using your handset. Inexperienced users do not sideload it on their OnePlus 3.
1. Backup data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
2. Ensure at least 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. ADB and Fastboot must be installed in your computer [see this guide].
4. Download OxygenOS open beta 9 [HERE]
5. Unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader [Guide]
How to Sideload OxygenOS Open Beta 9 on Oneplus 3
1. Save the downloaded OxygenOS Open Beta 9 zip file where the ADB is installed.
2. Power off OnePlus 3 and press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
5. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS. (Source – OnePlus)