OnePlus recently rolled out Oxygen OS 3.5.6 OTA update to the OnePlus 2 with many bug fixes and performance improvements, but some users are complaining out lost IMEI 2 on SIM 2. If you are experiencing lost IMEI 2 on SIM 2 on your OnePlus 2 after updating to Oxygen OS 3.5.6, then here is how to restore it. Check out the guide below.
The OnePlus development team has released a hotfix patch (Oxygen OS 3.5.7) for those who are facing the missing IMEI 2 issue on OnePlus 2. If you are facing this issue and did not updated to Oxygen OS 3.5.7, then here is how to install the update manually. Note that the Oxygen OS 3.5.7 is same as Oxygen OS 3.5.6, but includes an added functionality to fix the lost IMEI, so install this update only if you have IMIE 2 missing issue.
Oxygen OS 3.5.7 update OnePlus 2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and includes December security patches. Below are the main changelog of OS 3.5.7 for OnePlus 2.
– Update to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
– Fixed persistent network drops
– Added VoLTE functionality
– New App Lock
– New Battery Saving Mode
– New Gaming Mode
– General bug fixes including network issues and VoLTE issue
Note: To install OxygenOS 3.5.7, your OnePlus should be running on the official Oxygen OS 3.5.5 or the Oxygen OS 3.5.6 with the lost IMEI 2.
2. Power off your phone and enter Recovery Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons together for 3 seconds.
3. Choose English > Install from local
4. Choose OxygenOS 3.5.7 update zip file from the phone’s directory.
5. Wait for the flashing process to complete. Do not cut off power and do not interrupt until the process is completed.
6. After the flashing, choose “Reboot” and device will restart.
Once done reboot your phone and enjoy (Source – OnePlus Forum)