After rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat Soak test for Moto G4 Plus, Motorola finally started to roll out stable version of Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update for Moto G4 Plus (XT1643) in India. If network issue thwarting you from installing the OTA update, you can manually install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update on Moto G4 Plus.
Read on to know how to install official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update on Moto G4 Plus XT1643 Indian variant. The new firmware updates the Moto G4 Plus to build number NPJ25.93-11. Because the OTA (over-the-air) update is usually rolled out in phases, it will take few weeks to get the new Nougat update across the devices.
Android 7.0 Nougat brings various new features, battery enhancement and latest Android security patches (November) to Moto G4 Plus. If you have not received the OTA update notification or trouble downloading the OTA on your phone, you can manually install the update. Thanks to the XDA-Developers forum member for the OTA Zip file for the Indian G4 Plus.
Note: To install the Android 7.0 Nougat update, your Moto G4 Plus (XT1634) should be running on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software. Also, the device should have stock recovery and completely unrooted.
Manually Install Android 7.0 OTA Update on Moto G4 Plus
Important: Backup all important data before proceeding with the below steps.
1. Check your Moto G4 Plus is XT1643 with build number MPJ24.139-63
3. Transfer the downloaded OTA zip file “Blur_Version.24.31.64.athene.retail.en.US.zip” to the phone’s internal storage.
4. Boot Moto G4 Plus into recovery (power off, Volume Down and Power button together).
5. In Recovery, select ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select the OTA update zip file you have transferred.
6. Wait for the update to be installed automatically. After getting the confirmation message, select ‘reboot system now’.
Once booted up, enjoy all the new Android 7.0 Nougat and its sweetest features. Any doubt? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source: XDA)