Huawei Honor 5X definitely will get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update soon. However, custom ROM fans who want to update their device to latest Android version would like the Lineage OS custom ROM (former CyanogenMod). LineageOS 14.1 brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat, several new features and latest Android security patches to Honor 5X. If you are interested, read on to know how to install LineageOS 14.1 on Huawei Honor 5X.
LineageOS 14.1 upgrade Honor 5X to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Users can experience stock Android UI, features like multi-window mode, dark mode, one-handed mode, extended battery life, enhanced notification system, latest security patches and more on your Honor 5X. However, the ROM status is nightly, which means the ROM contain bugs that are not yet identified, but there were no major bugs in the latest LineageOS 14.1 nightly build.
For installing custom ROM, you will need custom recovery tools like TWRP recovery and root access on the phone. First, unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery for Honor 5X (kiwi), root using SupeSU and then follow below guide.
– Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
– Make sure to take a full backup of your data. Also, create nandroid back in TWRP recovery.
– This ROM is meant only for Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi). Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) on Huawei Honor 5X
Disclaimer: We at droidguiding won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
2. Transfer both zip files to your Honor 5X’s SD card.
3. Turn your Huawei Honor 5X off now. Hold Volume Up and the Power button. Continue to hold buttons until the “Honor” logo appears, and then release all buttons.
4. Your phone will boot into TWRP recovery. Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
5. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
6. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
7. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Also, install Gapps zip file in the same way.
Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System. Setup and enjoy Lineage OS, Android 7.1.1 and its awesome features. (Source – Lineage OS)