In this guide we let you how to download and install latest Magisk version on Android phone. Magisk is a powerful Universal Systemless Interface for Android. It is like Chainfire’s Systemless root method (get root access without modifying the system partition), but Magisk is more feature packed and can hide from tons of integrity tests on your phone like SafetyNet with root.
If you are one of those who required root access on your Android phone for various reasons, but want to continue to get system OTA update, use Android Pay with root, hide root from game tamper checks, etc. then the latest version of Magisk (current version 15.2) may be the answer. Check the below guide to download and Install Magisk on Android right now.
For your information, Magisk was first introduced as an alternative to the Xposed Framework. But, unlike Xposed Framework, Magisk installs ‘modules’ systemlessly (without making permanent change to core system OS). Before installing Magisk on your phone, you may want to know more about Magisk. Check the development page here for detailed information about it, latest features introduced in it, etc.
– 100% fully open source and easy to build.
– Magic Mount: Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions. Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
– MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution. Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
– Magisk Manager: MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk, Manage MagiskHide lists. Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
MagiskHide: Hide Magisk from detections: Google SafetyNet, enterprise / bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks etc.
Resetprop: Allow you to do any modifications to system properties, including read-only props. This is also used along with magiskhide to trick various device status sent from the bootloader.
Miscellaneous: (Optional) Remove AVB 2.0, dm-verity, force encrypt. Unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw.
The developer topjohnwu has updated Magisk to version 15.2 with fixe for bootloop issue on phones runs stable/beta Android Oreo, including the OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T. The new version also implements new SELinux policy rules that improve MagiskHide support on Samsung devices.
– Unlocked bootloader on the phone.
– TWRP Recovery Installed on your device (optional).
– Backup all important data on the phone
– Ensure at least 50-60% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Download Magisk and Magisk Manager App for Android
Download Magisk Uninstaller from here
How to Install Magisk on Android Phones
TWRP Recovery method: (requires working TWRP installed on the phone)
1. Download Magisk zip file (link above) and transfer it to your device’s storage.
2. Now Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3. In the TWRP recovery, make a complete Nandroid backup of your device.
4. Now, tap on Install button and select the Magisk zip file. Swipe to confirm the flash. Once Magisk is flashed, reboot the device.
ADB method: (Patching the stock boot image)
1. Download the latest Magisk Manager APK (link above) to your phone and install it.
2. Get stock boot image file for your phone (it should be corresponding to the firmware installed on your device) and save it on your phone’s storage.
3. Open the Magisk Manager app, tap on Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select the boot image file you have saved on your phone.
The Magisk Manager app will patch the stock boot image and save the ‘patched_boot.img’ in the ‘MagiskManager’ folder.
4. Copy and paste the patched boot img file in to the ADB folder on your PC.
5. Open command window inside ADB folder, connect your phone to your PC and enter the command ‘
adb reboot bootloader’ to boot into bootloader mode.
6. Now, type below command and hit Enter key:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
7. Once done, type the below command and hit Enter key to reboot the phone:
You have successfully installed Magisk root on your device.
How to Uninstall Magisk or Completely Remove Magisk from your Device
1. Download Magisk uninstaller from above link.
2. Now Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3. Flash the Magisk Uninstaller file from TWRP.
4. That’s it. It will remove Magisk from your device.
Lets us know your views in the comment section below (source – XDA)