The ‘Swipe for notification’ gesture on Google Pixel phone enables you to check notifications by swiping down on the fingerprint sensor. Swiping up on the fingerprint sensor will roll back the notifications. This is an exclusive feature of Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone, but you can get this feature on any of phone without root access, of course, your device should have fingerprint sensor.
If you are interested to get the Google Pixel swipe for notification fingerprint gesture on your phone, read on to know how to get it. Though the method requires no root access, the phone should be running on Android Marshmallow or later. After enabling it, you can view your notifications by simply touching on the fingerprint sensor and roll back by touching again.
Fingerprint Quick Action is a free app that enables Swipe for notifications gesture on any phone without root access. Currently, the app is not available at Play store, so you need to install the APK manually. Thanks to the XDA developer ztc1997 for Fingerprint Quick Action app, it brings various functions to fingerprint sensor.
How to Get Google Pixel Swipe for Notification Fingerprint Gesture on Any Phone
Note that the app requires Android Marshmallow or above and your phone should have a fingerprint sensor.
1. Download latest version of Fingerprint Quick Action APK from app development page here.
2. Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ option on your phone
3. Install the APK by tapping on it
4. After installtion, open the Fingerprint Quick Action app and check box next to ‘Enable Fingerprint Quick Action’.
5. Now, tap on ‘Quick Action’ > select ‘Expend Notifications Panel’ or ‘Toggle Notifications Panel’. The last option is experimental and brings real Google Pixel gesture.
Leave your views about this app in the comment section below. More about the app and discussion at this XDA forum thread.