Pixel Launcher is a new home screen app by Google, which is an exclusive feature of Google’s latest smartphones the Pixel and Pixel XL. Pixel Launcher has some uniqueness and charm compared to Google Now launcher. For example, the new search button, date, calendar and weather widget, rounded icons, swipe up to access the app drawer, blurred wallpaper, etc.
Google officially released Pixel Launcher and Wallpaper picker app on Play store for Pixel smartphones. You can install Google Pixel launcher and wallpaper picker app on Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P (possibly other phones too) and experience the new features. Read on to know how to get Google Pixel launcher and round icons on your phone without root access.
Google Pixel launcher and wallpaper picker app can be installed on your phone running on Android Marshmallow and above. It will bring UI changes, swipe up to access the app drawer, weather and calendar widget, new folder icon and pull up Google search button works well on Nexus devices.
How to Install Pixel Launcher on Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P
1. Download Pixel Launcher APK from APK Mirror here and install it on your phone (Enable unknown sources option to install APK).
2. Install Google wallpaper picker app from Play store here
4. Install Awesome Icon app from Play store here
5. Set Pixel Launcher your default Home screen app (Settings > Apps > tap on cogwheel > Home app > Pixel launcher) and then restart your phone.
6. Open Awesome Icon app, select Pixel Launcher and then select required round icon for your home screen.
7. The Wallpaper picker app lets you pick awesome wallpaper for your home screen.
We have successfully tested it on Nexus 5X and works like a charm. Leave your views in the comment section below