Huawei has started Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) beta testing for Huawei P9 Lite and available in many European countries like UK, France, Italy, and Spain as well as in Russia. If you have interest to test out the latest Android Nougat on your P9 Lite or want to taste the sweetness of the all new EMUI 5.0 and Nougat before every one is getting it, then here is how to beta test How to Beta Test Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) on Huawei P9 Lite.
Huawei has already rolled out stable version of Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 to Huawei P9 and the update for Huawei P9 Lite is imminent. However, P9 Lite owners can participate in the beta program to test out EMUI 5.0 and give feedback to Asus. To participate in the beta program all you need a Huawei ID and the Beta app installed on Huawei P9 Lite.
Note that, only unlocked variant of Huawei P9 Lite running on stock firmware is eligible for the Beta Friendly User Test. Also, it is recommend to have some knowledge on Android OS.
A highlighted attraction of Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite is the brand new EMUI 5.0. Asus’s Emotion UI is now more simple and smarter. Also, users can feel improved system performance and good battery life as well as enjoy new features like multi-window, redesigned notification system and latest Android security patches.
1. Backup any data you have on the phone
2. Create a Huawei ID (if you do not have it). (Apply here for a new account by email or mobile phone number)
3. Download Beta Friendly User Test app APK from here (for UK) and save it on your phone
4. Enable ‘Unknown Source’ option by going to phone Settings > Security and install the Beta app APK.
4. After installation, open the app and accept the terms and conditions and the login with your Huawei ID.
5. After log in with your Huawei ID, select Personal > Join Project > Available Project.
You will receive OTA upgrade notification for EMUI 5.0 automatically, and then you can select to update your phone. (Source – Huawei)