Cyanogen team has released CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM for OnePlus One and other few devices. If you are excited to try the new Android 6.0 ROM on your OnePlus One, flash the CyanogenMod 13 ROM (Nightly) and enjoy all the new features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow along with a host of CM features.
The below guide explain how to flash the official CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on OnePlus One. While this tutorial was done for OnePlus One, the procedure of flashing CM13 ROM is similar on all Android devices.
Before you get start, please note that the current CM13 is a Nightly build, which means the ROM is unstable. It may not be used as a daily driver.
How to Install Official CyanogenMod 13 Nightly on OnePlus One
Disclaimer: Follow the guide carefully and at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility if anything went wrong. This guide is intended only for technically talented users.
Note: The process requires unlocked bootloader, root access and custom recovery like TWRP on OnePlus One.
Important: The below procedure will wipe your device completely, so backup every data on your phone before proceeding. Also, make a Nandroid backup from custom recovery.
CM13 Flashing Instruction for OnePlus One
2. Boot your OnePlus One into TWRP recovery. To do so, disconnect the phone from the PC (if connected), then power off it, and then press and hold Power and Volume Up button together for few seconds.
3. In TWRP recovery, does a full system wipe by tapping ‘Wipe’ (Wipe data / Factory reset, Wipe cache, Wipe dalvik cache)
4. Once done, select ‘Install’, choose the CM13 ROM zip file (you have copied on your phone) and swipe to confirm flash.
5. Once done, do the same for installing Gapps.
6. Once done that too, do a factory reset from the recovery men (it helps to fix boot loop issue)
Enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow on OnePlus One. Any doubt? Leave it in the comment section below