Asus has released Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML), which you can download and install manually. The update brings many significant changes to Zenfone 2, such as Google Now on Tap, enhanced voice input control, Google Doze, Android Pay, Google apps and performance boost. In addition, this update will remove several Asus bloatware apps from the device (see below list).
In this guide, we show you how to install Android Marshmallow Update on Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML manually. The new firmware update Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (Z00AD/Z00ADA/Z00ADB/Z00ADC) to version WW-220.127.116.11. The OTA (over-the-air) update for the device is started to roll out. However, if you prefer manual installation, read on to know how it is.
First, check the OTA update by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update. If OTA update found, just install it. If no update found, follow the below guide carefully to install the update manually.
Before get start, let us see what is new in this update
Google Now on Tap
Enhanced voice input control
Also, this update will not include following apps:
Dr. Eye (TW SKU)
EZTABLE (TW SKU)
Google Play Books
Google Play Newsstand
Yahoo Shopping (TW SKU)
ZenFlash (Can be downloaded from Google play)
Asus Game center.
How to install Marshmallow update on Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
Note: Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding. The guide intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow update zip file for ZenFone 2 ZE551ML form Asus here.
[Please download correct SKU version for your phone (WW -> WW, CN -> CN, TW -> TW). Incorrect SKU will lead to update failure. Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number. Also, connect your phone to charger ]
2. Copy and Paste this .zip to your phone’s internal storage
3. Software update notification will pop up on your Zenfone screen. Just tap to update.
Note: If software update notification did not shown, please follow the below guide.
1. Copy and paste the downloaded firmware zip in to the SD card of the phone
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power & Volume Up buttons after switching off the phone.
3. In recovery, select Apply update from sd card, select the firmware zip file.
4. Once the installation process finished, reboot your phone.
Let me know does this guide helps you update your Zenfone 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Any question? Leave it in the comment section (Source)