Google has released Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Pixel C and Nexus Player. The OTA update will reach on all supported devices in the coming days. The Android 7.1.1 update includes December Android security patches, performance improvements, bug fixes and new features for Pixel and Nexus devices.
Android 7.1.1 incremental OTA update will get on all devices in the coming days. Meanwhile, full OTA update is now available for download, which you can sideload manually via ADB on your device. If you cannot wait for the OTA update or have network issue on your device to download the OTA, checkout the manual installation guide below.
Besides general bug fixes and security boosts, the new Android 7.1.1 update includes new features for both Pixel and Nexus devices. Nexus devices will get features, which are already available on Pixel devices. Pixel devices will get new Moves features such as raise-to-wake and double-tap-to-wake. Also, this update brings new emojis, better live wallpaper support, improved VR experience, app shortcut, round icon support, and more to supported devices.
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is now available for , Pixel (NMF26O ), Pixel XL (NMF26O), Nexus 6P (NMF26F), Nexus 5X (NMF26F), Nexus 9 LTE (NMF26F), Nexus 9 Wi-Fi (NMF26F), Nexus Player (NMF26J) and Pixel C (NMF26H )
Important: Before start, back up whole data you have on the phone.
Note: The below guide is assuming that you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
1. Download Android 7.1.1 OTA update zip file for your device [HERE]
2. Rename the downloaded zip file to ‘update.zip’ and save it in the ADB installation directory (usually it will be at C > Users >User > ADB).
3. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ (Settings > Security > USB Debugging) on your device and connect it to your PC.
4. Open a command window from ADB installation directory and issue the below command:
adb reboot recovery
5. Now, hold the Power button and press Volume Up once, and a menu will appear. Select the option ‘Apply update from ADB’.
6. Now, issue the the following command:
adb sideload update.zip
7. Wait for all the files to be installed. Once done, reboot the phone by selecting ‘Reboot system now’ in your phone.
Any question? Leave them in the comment section below (Source – Google)